So now we come to S. This was one of the first words I decided, having done so almost this time last year. We have Swearing. Swearing!? How is that a literary term? Swearing is just swearing right? Simple, easy, vulgur…
Well, you know if I’m writing an article on it, it is anything but simple.
I need $125 by October 30th, 2017. Anything you can give will help.
Long short of it, there are 5 types of swearing:
- Abusive: The need to hurt others with your words to insult or intimidate (You stupid piece of shit)
- Cathardic: A coping mechanism of dealing with a stressful situation (*picks up cup of coffee* Ah fuck, that’s hot.)
- Dysphemism: Rather than use metaphors to describe something, you use vulgar language to describe something (such as describing sex as fucking)
- Idiomatic: Swearing just for the sake of swearing. (Fuck yeah!)
- Emphatic: To emphasis a point or idea. Generally you can say a sentence without the swears and it still make complete sense.